Season Six Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:40 pm

The latest episode, The Body in the Bounty aired last week, featuring David Allen Grier as Bunsen Jude the Science Dude. Thoughts?
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  MissaLov3 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Emily was just awesome in that episode!! She's such amazing actress,for me she's the BEST!! She deserves an Emmy & I hope she'll get one...Her face expressions are so amazing !!
avatar
MissaLov3
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:08 pm

MissaLov3 wrote:Emily was just awesome in that episode!! She's such amazing actress,for me she's the BEST!! She deserves an Emmy & I hope she'll get one...Her face expressions are so amazing !!


She was! I love how easily and seemlessly Emily can go from drama to humor. I'm hoping this Hannah storyline will help Emily get some recognition from the awards shows. It's hard though because Bones just doesn't fit into any of their preset groups because it's not a drama or a comedy either. I totally agree with Hart that Emily is one of the most underrated actresses on TV.
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  fooloutofme on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:32 am

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but it seems as if more than just us rabid fans are noticing how talented and underrated she is this season too. I mean, I am pretty sure I've read quite a few reviews that have mentioned her amazing and suble acting abilities this season. She really deserves an award, and I honestly think this might be her year. Maybe if we get a dramatic episode coming up she will be able to submit in the Drama category Smile
avatar
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Posts : 37
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 30
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  MissaLov3 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:02 pm

I think that people aren't aware that Emily is one of the best actress I mean in just one episode she made me laugh & cry and not a lot of celebrities can do that do that,she has something that the others doesn't have
avatar
MissaLov3
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  OyPoodles on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 pm

fooloutofme wrote:Maybe I am being too optimistic, but it seems as if more than just us rabid fans are noticing how talented and underrated she is this season too. I mean, I am pretty sure I've read quite a few reviews that have mentioned her amazing and suble acting abilities this season. She really deserves an award, and I honestly think this might be her year. Maybe if we get a dramatic episode coming up she will be able to submit in the Drama category Smile

I don't think you are being optimistic at all. If she submits that right episode, I really think she can be nominated. She is a wonderful actress!
avatar
OyPoodles
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 pm

OyPoodles wrote:
fooloutofme wrote:Maybe I am being too optimistic, but it seems as if more than just us rabid fans are noticing how talented and underrated she is this season too. I mean, I am pretty sure I've read quite a few reviews that have mentioned her amazing and suble acting abilities this season. She really deserves an award, and I honestly think this might be her year. Maybe if we get a dramatic episode coming up she will be able to submit in the Drama category Smile

I don't think you are being optimistic at all. If she submits that right episode, I really think she can be nominated. She is a wonderful actress!


I think she's talented enough to win an Emmy but it can be so political and the nature of Bones being not really a drama or a comedy also works against her. A lot of shows are known to do "Emmy-bait" episodes ... they write an episode or a story arc to allow their actors to show off their chops for the specific reason of trying to get nominated for an award ... as far as I know Bones has never done that. Which, IMO, isn't totally a bad thing either.

Still though I'll try to be optimistic, it'd be great to see Emily nominated for a big award. The Golden Globes and SAGs are coming up fairly soon. It was nice enough to see her present at the Emmy's this past year. Smile
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  treble on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:08 am

ok so I watched the new episode, and here are my thoughts:
Booth and Hannah lovey dovey made me a little uncomfortable.
Hannah's line about proposing, was totally thrown in there to screw with fans (and honestly I thought it was funny)
Love that Booth/Hannah moments always seem to get turned into Booth/Brennan moments.
Can't even say how much I hated the line that Booth gave Hannah about catching the guy who shot Hannah "together"
Storyline was Ok but I felt like the murderer came out of nowhere.
The writers are trying waaay to hard to draw parallels between Brennan and Hannah, we get it, Booth like's strong independent women, thanks for hitting me over the head with it though.
They've finally developed Hannah as a character, and honestly, I'm not a huge fan, I sort of agree with those that feel like she's self-involved, I think this was episode was the first actual evidence we have of that, Brennan comes to her with a real concern about Booth being upset if something happened to Hannah , and while I agree with her that Brennan has never and would never take that into account if she was the one in danger, her response that " Seeley will just have to get used to being worried with both of us around" is extremely immature and self involved.

treble
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:00 pm

treble wrote:ok so I watched the new episode, and here are my thoughts:
Booth and Hannah lovey dovey made me a little uncomfortable.
Hannah's line about proposing, was totally thrown in there to screw with fans (and honestly I thought it was funny)
Love that Booth/Hannah moments always seem to get turned into Booth/Brennan moments.
Can't even say how much I hated the line that Booth gave Hannah about catching the guy who shot Hannah "together"
Storyline was Ok but I felt like the murderer came out of nowhere.
The writers are trying waaay to hard to draw parallels between Brennan and Hannah, we get it, Booth like's strong independent women, thanks for hitting me over the head with it though.
They've finally developed Hannah as a character, and honestly, I'm not a huge fan, I sort of agree with those that feel like she's self-involved, I think this was episode was the first actual evidence we have of that, Brennan comes to her with a real concern about Booth being upset if something happened to Hannah , and while I agree with her that Brennan has never and would never take that into account if she was the one in danger, her response that " Seeley will just have to get used to being worried with both of us around" is extremely immature and self involved.


You know I hadn't thought of that at all, but now that you say it you are totally right. She is expressing no concern whatsoever for what "Seeley" thinks or feels; which even though Brennan probably wouldn't listen to him either, she really does care about how he feels. Anytime she's ever made him mad, over the meatloaf thing or over Jared, or the time she brought up him being related to John Wilkes Booth and he said she promised to never do that, and she gets so upset saying, "I promise now, I promise now!!" She freaks out anytime she thinks she's hurt his feelings.

I *liked* the episode, but it's not one I think I'll rewatch. That being said, I did just now rewatch that very last scene. Last night I was like, "hmmm, that was funny but something was off about it" so I decided to fast forward to there and watch again.

To me, in the first part of that scene with Brennan and Hannah it's almost like Hannah is making fun of Brennan. And I did not like that vibe at all. Now once Brennan addresses the issue about asking Hannah to back down, I think the "making fun of" vibe went away, and I liked the way it ended with them laughing. I also liked the that Hannah said, "as long as we're both still around" implying that there will come a time when they're not both there. And I think we all know which one won't be there, I mean, this isn't "Hannah." Lol.

Some people were saying last night that they didn't think the fact that Booth didn't stay with Hannah during her surgery meant anything. Personally I'm not sure how I feel about that, I think maybe it doesn't, but it would've meant something had he stayed. And I would've been like "meh" had they had him stay with her the entire time. Obviously he wasn't with her for the majority of her stay. And I like that if it means anything or not. Lol. I was thinking this morning, Booth didn't even hang out at the hospital during Hannah's surgery but the last time Booth had an operation he made Brennan go into the operating room with him. Big difference in those two situations. LOL. Although I know there was also a big difference in the severity of the situations as well.

Thanks for posting treble!
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  treble on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 am

If it was Brennan in surgery, Booth would have definitely been there, so yes it means something that Booth wasn't there.... they didn't even have to refer to the surgery occuring while Booth was doing his job if it didn't mean something, they could have just had Booth say something like " Hannah came out of surgery fine, so now I'm here to do my job"..... it means something.

treble
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:42 pm

treble wrote:If it was Brennan in surgery, Booth would have definitely been there, so yes it means something that Booth wasn't there.... they didn't even have to refer to the surgery occuring while Booth was doing his job if it didn't mean something, they could have just had Booth say something like " Hannah came out of surgery fine, so now I'm here to do my job"..... it means something.

Oooh, you have a point there.

What did you think about the sunglasses scene? At the first of it, it felt to me as if Hannah was making fun of Brennan's awkardness. Now, I doubt that's how Hart intended it to come off, but it really did for me. The end of that scene was cute I thought, with the "what a pair" comments, but with the using anthropology to steal Brennan's sunglasses was not cool. Lol.
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  treble on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:01 pm

hated that last scene, I get why Brennan gave hannah the sunglasses (because Hannah made a logical, anthropological point) but why did hannah ask?? that scene was just weird.

treble
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  fooloutofme on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:27 am

I agree with the weird last scene vibe. It was just really off, and Hannah first demanding a present and then asking for Brennan's sunglasses...what the what? I don't get it, and I am certainly not liking Hannah or finding it remotely difficult to hate her....which I am pretty sure we were told would happen, unless I just totally made that up...which is possible Very Happy
avatar
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Posts : 37
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 30
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:20 pm

fooloutofme wrote:I agree with the weird last scene vibe. It was just really off, and Hannah first demanding a present and then asking for Brennan's sunglasses...what the what? I don't get it, and I am certainly not liking Hannah or finding it remotely difficult to hate her....which I am pretty sure we were told would happen, unless I just totally made that up...which is possible Very Happy

Yea, she's suppose to be likeable. Which, most of the time she is to me, but the whole stealing of the sunglasses thing was off. I kinda think it wasn't written that way but rather came off that way due to the actress. I'm okay with Brennan and Hannah being friends though, cause when this does eventually end, what a kick in the pants that's gonna be for Hannah to realize what she didn't know all along -- that Brennan & Booth are in love with each other. Laughing
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  joybrennan on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Bailey wrote:
fooloutofme wrote:I agree with the weird last scene vibe. It was just really off, and Hannah first demanding a present and then asking for Brennan's sunglasses...what the what? I don't get it, and I am certainly not liking Hannah or finding it remotely difficult to hate her....which I am pretty sure we were told would happen, unless I just totally made that up...which is possible Very Happy

Yea, she's suppose to be likeable. Which, most of the time she is to me, but the whole stealing of the sunglasses thing was off. I kinda think it wasn't written that way but rather came off that way due to the actress. I'm okay with Brennan and Hannah being friends though, cause when this does eventually end, what a kick in the pants that's gonna be for Hannah to realize what she didn't know all along -- that Brennan & Booth are in love with each other. Laughing

I can't imagine that sunglasses scene being meant to be anything b."ut showing more of her not being what she seems. Seriously, demanding gifts and getting Brennan to give her the sunglasses is a totally a move from adolescent movies about bitchy popular girls getting a less popular girl to do her bidding and make her think she's now part of the "popular" crowd. It seemed very deliberate to me. It could be the beginning of the she "isn't what she seems" portion of the storyline. She's clearly not as "nice" or "sweet" as some people thought on first meeting. If we're supposed to love her at the end I think it will be that Booth comes to see how amazing Brennan is, and start to remember just how big her heart is, because HB will be revealed to him a self-centered, manipulative woman that causes harm. I think he's going to feel remorse over his choices (just as Brennan is now.)

joybrennan
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

joybrennan wrote:

I can't imagine that sunglasses scene being meant to be anything b."ut showing more of her not being what she seems. Seriously, demanding gifts and getting Brennan to give her the sunglasses is a totally a move from adolescent movies about bitchy popular girls getting a less popular girl to do her bidding and make her think she's now part of the "popular" crowd. It seemed very deliberate to me. It could be the beginning of the she "isn't what she seems" portion of the storyline. She's clearly not as "nice" or "sweet" as some people thought on first meeting. If we're supposed to love her at the end I think it will be that Booth comes to see how amazing Brennan is, and start to remember just how big her heart is, because HB will be revealed to him a self-centered, manipulative woman that causes harm. I think he's going to feel remorse over his choices (just as Brennan is now.)


Well not surprisngly Joy I don't totally agree with you. I don't think this was the intention of this scene, I think it was the fault of the actress.

BUT -- I do agree with you that Hannah is selfish and childish, and you're right I think Booth will eventually see that and as it compares to Brennan, and how much she's grown over the years. When Brennan asks Hannah to be careful because Booth will "be sad if you die" -- Hannah totally did not react to that other than to jump to why she wasn't gonna to change.

Just curious Joy, are you feeling any better about this storyline now that you're seeing kinks in the relationship? Did you watch the episode?
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  joybrennan on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 pm

@ Bailey - NO. Yes .

I find the entire premise contrived and unnecessary. B&B IMO, were both strong enough characters, with enough personal issues, to deal with they relationship between them without resorting to these soap-opera tactics. I started watching with the Jersey Shore ep and . For me, the storyline brings down the caliber of the show. Emily's performances are stellar as always, but if a show has mediocre writing, no matter how great the performance, the chances of the actor getting nominated is significantly less. This storyline, from what I see...is definitely in the unimaginative, mediocore category. It's sad.

joybrennan
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  treble on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:04 am

Pluses
Booth half dressed
Cam- "or give me nightmares...whatever"
Sweets asks Booth for advice on his love life, which I find hilarious cause isn't he supposed to be the psychologist?
Hodgins is in fine form.
Sweets with the "cougars" = awesome, and hilarious
Daisy and Hodgins reenactment is epic!

minuses
the fact that someone was about to have sex in a room with maggots on the carpet makes me gag.
I miss the B/B episode endings

all in all i liked it.

treble
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:59 pm

I gotta say I liked this episode but it isn't a favorite, and I think I made myself like it less because I had some expectations for the ending. I mean, that ending was beautiful and moving and touching, but there I was going, "it's 8:59 there's not gonna be time for a BB ending." I totally ruined it for myself. I rewatched this morning and liked it much better.

Loved that look when Booth saw himself in the morning first thing in the morning, so hillarious! Brennan listing off all of his prior injuries, "where that obese woman shot you" ... and her adding the "I care about you." Not sure we saw jealous Booth on the cougar cruise, but I think we saw protective Booth. He still has that automatic, hands off, she's mine to take care of attitude when it comes to Brennan, and I'm glad we got to see that. Also glad we got to see Brennan being happy and flirting and overconfident "I'm prime real estate anywhere." So glad she's not sitting at home being "well if Booth is with someone else, I'll never find anyone" which was kinda the feeling I was getting earlier in the season.

I didn't like that they never brought up Bren's time in foster care, I get that they were using that as a way to get Sweets into the story, but they still could've added in something with Brennan. That would've been a good opportunity for a moment between BB or between Bren and Sweets -- missed opportunity, IMO.

Tamara totally stole the show on this one though. Her ending was amazing. I think we got less BB this week because we got to see so much of everyoen else, which was nice since it's been a while. Although, Daisy is probably my least favorite squintern and I could've done with less of her. BUT -- the Saved by the Bell marathon was so funny (and a total show of the shift in generations), and her Tuesday underwear on the back of the couch. LMAO.

The promo for next week looks good too, loved seeing them dancing around as Booth is trying to explain Ompla Loompas. So funny.
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  joybrennan on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Bailey wrote:I gotta say I liked this episode but it isn't a favorite, and I think I made myself like it less because I had some expectations for the ending. I mean, that ending was beautiful and moving and touching, but there I was going, "it's 8:59 there's not gonna be time for a BB ending." I totally ruined it for myself. I rewatched this morning and liked it much better.

Loved that look when Booth saw himself in the morning first thing in the morning, so hillarious! Brennan listing off all of his prior injuries, "where that obese woman shot you" ... and her adding the "I care about you." Not sure we saw jealous Booth on the cougar cruise, but I think we saw protective Booth. He still has that automatic, hands off, she's mine to take care of attitude when it comes to Brennan, and I'm glad we got to see that. Also glad we got to see Brennan being happy and flirting and overconfident "I'm prime real estate anywhere." So glad she's not sitting at home being "well if Booth is with someone else, I'll never find anyone" which was kinda the feeling I was getting earlier in the season.

I didn't like that they never brought up Bren's time in foster care, I get that they were using that as a way to get Sweets into the story, but they still could've added in something with Brennan. That would've been a good opportunity for a moment between BB or between Bren and Sweets -- missed opportunity, IMO.

Tamara totally stole the show on this one though. Her ending was amazing. I think we got less BB this week because we got to see so much of everyoen else, which was nice since it's been a while. Although, Daisy is probably my least favorite squintern and I could've done with less of her. BUT -- the Saved by the Bell marathon was so funny (and a total show of the shift in generations), and her Tuesday underwear on the back of the couch. LMAO.

The promo for next week looks good too, loved seeing them dancing around as Booth is trying to explain Ompla Loompas. So funny.
I missed the promo, so I won't comment. I do - believe it or not, Bailey, agree with your assessment of this episode. The only thing I have extra is I don't like the way Booth was treating Brennan, cutting he off etc. I've heard discussions on WHY his acting the way he is, and perhaps there's something to it. However, it doesn't make me like him. I liked him in the 4th episode he at least seemed to remember that they have been friends. I don't see that much anymore, and it didn't seem that way in this one either. Brennan telling him that she cares about him was a sad moment for me. However, that opening of him getting out of bed was hilarious! I also loved Emily on the cruise - really funny, and nice to see a happy, flirty Brennan. I liked too Brennan's naivety about the walks on the beach, etc. I think it said a lot about how little she understands about romantic relationships.

joybrennan
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 pm

joybrennan wrote:
I missed the promo, so I won't comment. I do - believe it or not, Bailey, agree with your assessment of this episode. The only thing I have extra is I don't like the way Booth was treating Brennan, cutting he off etc. I've heard discussions on WHY his acting the way he is, and perhaps there's something to it. However, it doesn't make me like him. I liked him in the 4th episode he at least seemed to remember that they have been friends. I don't see that much anymore, and it didn't seem that way in this one either. Brennan telling him that she cares about him was a sad moment for me. However, that opening of him getting out of bed was hilarious! I also loved Emily on the cruise - really funny, and nice to see a happy, flirty Brennan. I liked too Brennan's naivety about the walks on the beach, etc. I think it said a lot about how little she understands about romantic relationships.


Joy I'm beginning to think we do actually agree about a lot of things with just one notable exception. Smile

I really don't think Booth was being rude to Brennan. I think that their relationship is different now; because it really wouldn't be "right" for them to be as flirty as they've always been since he's with Hannah atm, but I honestly still see them as friends. I guess we all kinda see what we wanna see though. I'm okay with the storyline, so I don't see him as rude/off putting (probably because I really don't want to see that happen)... you're upset about the storyline, you see him as being rude and off putting (perhaps because you want to see that happen because it means you're right about the storyline being a bad idea).

I'd venture to say that we're both a little right and both a little wrong ... there's so much that goes into preception. Smile
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  joybrennan on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Bailey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
I missed the promo, so I won't comment. I do - believe it or not, Bailey, agree with your assessment of this episode. The only thing I have extra is I don't like the way Booth was treating Brennan, cutting he off etc. I've heard discussions on WHY his acting the way he is, and perhaps there's something to it. However, it doesn't make me like him. I liked him in the 4th episode he at least seemed to remember that they have been friends. I don't see that much anymore, and it didn't seem that way in this one either. Brennan telling him that she cares about him was a sad moment for me. However, that opening of him getting out of bed was hilarious! I also loved Emily on the cruise - really funny, and nice to see a happy, flirty Brennan. I liked too Brennan's naivety about the walks on the beach, etc. I think it said a lot about how little she understands about romantic relationships.


Joy I'm beginning to think we do actually agree about a lot of things with just one notable exception. Smile

I really don't think Booth was being rude to Brennan. I think that their relationship is different now; because it really wouldn't be "right" for them to be as flirty as they've always been since he's with Hannah atm, but I honestly still see them as friends. I guess we all kinda see what we wanna see though. I'm okay with the storyline, so I don't see him as rude/off putting (probably because I really don't want to see that happen)... you're upset about the storyline, you see him as being rude and off putting (perhaps because you want to see that happen because it means you're right about the storyline being a bad idea).

I'd venture to say that we're both a little right and both a little wrong ... there's so much that goes into preception. Smile
You're right about perceptions. Smile I wouldn't want Booth to be flirty with Brennan. I just feel that he's been treating her like the nerdy girl in high school that no one likes, and makes jokes about. Right now, I wouldn't think they were friends. Brennan's putting up with his stuff anyway, it's like she knows that's how she's always been seen, so it's fine - which is sad. Maybe the change in Brennan's behavior is going to be she allows Booth to see that some of what he does hurts, and that she thinks she deserves it. As angry as he is with her, I think that will bother him.

joybrennan
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:37 pm

joybrennan wrote:

I wouldn't want Booth to be flirty with Brennan. I just feel that he's been treating her like the nerdy girl in high school that no one likes, and makes jokes about. Right now, I wouldn't think they were friends. Brennan's putting up with his stuff anyway, it's like she knows that's how she's always been seen, so it's fine - which is sad.


Ok, I don't mean to poke the bear here so to speak, but I rewatched this episode with what you said here in mind, and I honestly don't see what you're saying. But I'm willing again to say that it's just my personal bias, so could you give me a specific example of the way he treats her that reminds you of how she was treated in high school?
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Bailey on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:12 am

Ok, well I've been following the spoilers and this storyline all summer and while I've been apprehensive in ways, I knew it was leading to somewhere good so I was okay with it.

But after the way tonight's episode ended, I'm just "gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." I'm so upset right now and like, "this is not the show I want to watch." I want Brennan and Booth's relationship to be better. Lighter. I don't even mean I need them together right now (actually I'm kinda against that) but I can't take the angst anymore. That's not what I watch Bones for. I just. Ughhhhh.

I know some people are talking about subtext and foreshadowing, etc. and I really hope they're right and that this will end soon but I'm tired of having to look between the lines, I just want it to be there, that easy, natural feeling to their relationship, I just need something to happen, I just want my show back.

I can't even think/comment on the rest of the episode right now (which up until that last few minutes, I was enjoying.)

/end PMS induced ranting
avatar
Bailey
Admin

Posts : 424
Join date : 2010-10-12

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  treble on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:17 am

I don't even want to discuss the final scene right now, all I really have to say is that Booth was written waaay OOC there, unless what they want is to have him seem like a sex obsessed moron.

Anyway moving on:

so my overall thoughts ( baring the last part) The episode was actually pretty good, it had a decent storyline , the squints were on their A game, Cam and VNM were both hilarious, Hodgins was adorable as the proud daddy. But does anyone else feel like Booths being written like he's on the verge of a breakdown? he just seems all over the place lately and this week he barely even cracked a smile or made any jokes ( the only one I can recall is the Oompa Loompa one.) Maybe I'm imagining it, but he just seems really off.

treble
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum