Emily Online News Snippets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emily Online News Snippets

Post  Bailey on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:39 pm

On buying eco-friendly clothing.

Link: http://www.gotapparel.com/news/19876727-bones-actress-emily-deschanel-is-eco-friendly.aspx

Bones actress Emily Deschanel is eco-friendly

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Most people might know Emily Deschanel from her role as the awkward forensic anthropologist on the hit TV show, Bones. However, Deschanel's interests extend past television and into the realm of the environment.

Deschanel recently spoke with Ecouterre.com, where she explained her involvement in buying eco-friendly apparel, listing off a number of her favorite designers and brands. For everyday clothes, Deschanel's selections include Jennifer Hwa's Loyale and John Patrick's Organic. For skirts and dresses, she prefers Bahar Shahpar and EcoSkin.

The accomplished actress also likes to wear shoes and boots created by Stella McCartney, the first renowned designer who has manged to make well-made shoes without leather components, and those of Cri de Coeur.

Deschanel also cites Linda Loudermilk as the creative "mother of green design," someone who always has surprising and inventive clothes.

Loudermilk was named one of the top 20 innovators to watch by W Magazine and the Vivienne Westwood of eco by Elle Magazine, according to her website. She has worked hard to develop relationships with manufacturers who were as eco-conscious as she, so that she could push forward a line of clothes that was both green and fashionable, trademarking the term "luxury eco."

Bailey
Admin

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Emily Online News Snippets

Post  Bailey on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Brennan named one of TV's "Smart Cookies"

Link: http://www.gaelick.com/2010/10/smart-cookies/11833/

Temperance “Bones” Brennan – Bones
Bones is weird. She doesn’t get jokes, is socially dysfunctional and can be a bit rude. She doesn’t mean it though, she just doesn’t understand people. Live people that is. If you’re dead, she gets you. A brilliant forensic anthropologist with more doctorates than shoes, Bones isn’t based on the character in the Kathy Reich’s books, but on Reich’s herself. Bones may be an expert in the lab, but love is a different matter. She’s open about shagging to purely “satisfy biological urges” but her heart is shut up tighter than the arteries of a heart attack victim. Oh and she’s played by Emily Deschanel, so you can add hot to the mix.

Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Emily mentioned in new Kathy Reichs interview.

Link: http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1115/reichsk.html

(I'm only posting the portion of the interview that mentioned Emily and Bones.)

LM: Tell us how the TV series 'Bones' came about then? It's based around your character, Dr Brennan, although the episodes don't actually feature the stories from your books. How much input did you have into what it became?
KR: Right, each episode is an original story. We have a staff of full-time writers. The character, both in the books and in the TV series... partly that's why there was an interest I think in this character - the books went global. This character, for some reason, appealed worldwide. It's something like 35 languages now. And the show is now in 75 foreign territories. The character [in the TV show] is different. She's younger. I think of it as a prequel, an earlier point in Tempe's life. She's not as sophisticated. She needs some work on her people skills and that sort of thing. But if you think about it as just an earlier point in her life then I think it works. And I like the idea that the TV show is different because then it doesn't impact on me when I sit down to write a Temperance Brennan novel. I can just carry on with my 40-something Tempe and I'm not impacted by it.

LM: Did you feel protective of her as a character, as your creation, when the idea for a TV show came about?
KR: Well, I met many times with our executive producers and there were certain things that I was willing to yield on, like the age. I understood that Fox has a younger demographic of viewers. But there were some things that I was not willing to yield on. They were not going to make her a 20-something sidekick. So they didn't surprise me with anything. I knew exactly what was going to happen when we went into it and I felt that our producers would be very good at characterisation and we both agreed that we wanted a character-based show. We didn't want just another police procedural. And we wanted some humour in the show, which is important for me in the books as well, and that they could handle storylines and characterisation and that they would genuinely want my input on the science end of it. So I knew that going in and it has turned out to work that way.

LM: So you still have an input into each series in terms of the science and where the character is going?
KR: Yes, I work with the writers on every episode. I read every script. I think it's more-so than most authors have and I'm lucky. You know, authors are always whining that they don't like what's been done. I'm been very happy with it and had a really good working relationship that I'm quite happy with.

LM: I think, like you mentioned, the show works because the characters are so strong and there's great chemistry between Booth and Bones. It must have been nice to see that coming to life on screen, was it? Did you have any say when it came to casting?
KR: Yeah, the chemistry with them is great. I had input. I didn't have control. Emily [Deschanel] is very good and David [Boreanaz]. They all are, TJ [Thyne] and Michaela [Conlin]. It works.

It's interesting how Kathy has such a different take on the relationship between the Tempe in her books and the Temperance of the television show. Kathy says it's Tempe just ten years earlier, but Hart says it's not the same character as the books at all but rather based on Kathy. Having read the books, I prefer to go with Hart on this. Has anyone else read any of Kathy's books? They're really good but it's a totally different character than the one Emily portrays.

Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top