Hannah -- Neccesary Evil or just Evil?

Go down

Hannah -- Neccesary Evil or just Evil?

Post  Bailey on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:09 pm

The introduction of Booth's girlfriend this season has been a really controversal move on the part of the show runners. They insist we'll love her and that she'll be good for the show, maybe even for Booth & Brennan's relationship.

I'll admit, being a spoiler whore and knowing about the storyline most of the summer, that I was really hesitant about this. It scared me to be honest. But, so far I've really liked season six, and if nothing else the Hannah storyline has really allowed Emily to show off a bit. A few of her scenes with Hannah and Booth have been downright heart crushing. Ok, maybe all of them. Lol.

I'm still optimistic that this storyline will end up doing more good than not, but I'm eager for it's resolution as well.

Thoughts??
Bailey
Admin

View user profile http://emilydeschanel.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Hannah -- Neccesary Evil or just Evil?

Post  fooloutofme on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:16 pm

I am in the same boat as you. I knew about Hannah since...what was it? Right after the finale last year? Anyways, I was really not looking forward to her, and I honestly still don't like her at all. Sure she is a nice person and all, but I am not interested in Booth being happy sans Brennan. I just want those two to get to it! I am one of those people who think that it would do the show good to get them together...the show is ready in my opinion.

So, that being said, if when Hannah leaves it is because of some movement on the B/B front, I wont be angry about her anymore Smile
I guess what I am saying is that if she can get the two of them together this season...I will be OK with her being here.

And yes, Emily has been AMAZING this season and it is due to the Hannah storyline, so we do have that in the positives column. The scene in the Founding Fathers after Booth and Hannah had left...I literally cried. Brava Emily, Brava.
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:50 pm

fooloutofme wrote:I am in the same boat as you. I knew about Hannah since...what was it? Right after the finale last year? Anyways, I was really not looking forward to her, and I honestly still don't like her at all. Sure she is a nice person and all, but I am not interested in Booth being happy sans Brennan. I just want those two to get to it! I am one of those people who think that it would do the show good to get them together...the show is ready in my opinion.

So, that being said, if when Hannah leaves it is because of some movement on the B/B front, I wont be angry about her anymore Smile
I guess what I am saying is that if she can get the two of them together this season...I will be OK with her being here.

And yes, Emily has been AMAZING this season and it is due to the Hannah storyline, so we do have that in the positives column. The scene in the Founding Fathers after Booth and Hannah had left...I literally cried. Brava Emily, Brava.

Well I'll admit as badly as I want BB together, I'm a bit apprenhensive as to if the show will lose some of its magic once that will they/won't they is gone. But that's a whole other conversation. Smile

I felt like crying after that scene as well. I was so depressed and sad ... but I suppose that's a marker of a good television show. It makes you feel. I'd rather if it were making me feel different types of feelings but that the scene literally made you cry and made me feel very emotional is the marker of good writing and good acting. Hannah is just Bones' version of Frasier's Mel and Donnie, of The Office's Karen ... a MacGuffin. Smile But I want her gone yesterday. LOL. I keep running scernios through my mind of how they could get rid of her, but they all end up sounding cheesy to me ... I cannot wait to see how they really do it.
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:11 am

[i]

Hmmm yeah what an interesting topic!!!

Well is she or isn't she??? Well I dont think she's evil (not intentionally aanyway), and her and Booth do seem to be genuinely 'in love' .

Having said that though, obviously it's a totally different love and outcome in comparison to if he were with Brennan.

I disagree in part with not wanting to put Booth and Brennan together. I think it's essential for the show.....and i'm not sure if there's any other House watchers out there - but if Fox can put House and Cuddy together, then they can put Booth and Brennan together!!!! I dont think it would ruin things at all. The reason I think this is because lets face it; Brennan is not your average woman, and I think would struggle slightly following the path of a relationship. So putting them together would just be turning a corner!! There could be so much more to explore and for her to learn!

Phew, i'm exhausted!!! tongue
Belle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Belle wrote:[i]

Hmmm yeah what an interesting topic!!!

Well is she or isn't she??? Well I dont think she's evil (not intentionally aanyway), and her and Booth do seem to be genuinely 'in love' .

Having said that though, obviously it's a totally different love and outcome in comparison to if he were with Brennan.

I disagree in part with not wanting to put Booth and Brennan together. I think it's essential for the show.....and i'm not sure if there's any other House watchers out there - but if Fox can put House and Cuddy together, then they can put Booth and Brennan together!!!! I dont think it would ruin things at all. The reason I think this is because lets face it; Brennan is not your average woman, and I think would struggle slightly following the path of a relationship. So putting them together would just be turning a corner!! There could be so much more to explore and for her to learn!

Phew, i'm exhausted!!! tongue

Hmmm ... I'm not sure it's essential for the show for them to get together, yea, I agree I want them together in the end, and I think that's essential but I'm not sure it's critical that they get together right away either. I'm just really leary of what happens after the high of them getting together, if that makes sense.

I kinda wish I wasn't on fan boards, and knew zero spoilers this summer ... I wonder if I'd feel differently about Hannah. I think I would; I have angst over this storyline. Lol. I wish I didn't. Because then when I do watch the episodes, I'm actually okay with them. But I'm ready for her to be gone at this point.

If nothing else, the Hannah storyline has really let Emily shine; the way she's been going from humor to despair in seconds is amazing.
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thais_christ on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Well, kill me if you want to, but I like Hannah.

Ok, I'm a B&B shipper in every single way, but I totally think that Hannah will be the responsible to get Brennan and Booth together. She seems to be testing Brennan, showing Brennan that she knows more about Booth that she can actually see she knows (Take for example that Telephone thing. Brennan was the only one aware that Booth loves old telephones...).
I think Hannah is fitting like a eye-opener(don't know if it exists in English...hahah)
I truly hope, she realizes she can't live between Brennan & Booth and tells Booth to persuade his dream. To do everything to get Brennan closer, cause, now, she is available and up to get into this passion with her heart opened.

But, if I'm not looking through this side, I actually hate Hannah (not her person, but just because she is with Booth) Laughing
thais_christ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joybrennan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 am

I find her completely unnecessary. I think it would have been more interesting to watch B&B have to deal with EACH OTHER and their feelings than have this third party crap. It reminds me of people who say having an affair can be good for a marriage. Rolling Eyes I'm sorry, but any benefits gotten out of that could be gotten with some major honest discussions, and therapy. Rolling Eyes

Booth is a gambler, a former sniper, and is coming back from a warzone. Brennan left because of burnout and to figure out her feelings for Booth. She's a hyper-logical, socially inept, genius, who didn't contact Booth for seven months. You mean to tell me they couldn't think of ANY issues for the two of them to be dealing with without having to bring in a third party? Shocked She's clearly come back with some kind of clarity about Booth, and herself, and Booth had some traumatic experiences over there involving a child. Seriously, a girlfriend for Booth is the best they could up with? Evil or Very Mad

joybrennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum